These release notes are from a version that is no longer being actively maintained.
19 may 2022
Supported Mendix versions
Menditect supports the Mendix Long-Term Support Version (LTS) and Medium-Term Support Version (MTS).
Highlights in this release
- We have made significant improvements in the Recorder functionality.
- It is now possible to record microflows but also record create, change and retrieve object actions, and have MTA create Teststeps from these actions.
- When creating a new Recording, it is no longer necessary to choose which steps to create.
- All the detected user actions will automatically result in one or more Teststeps in the Test Case.
- In this version, the Recording is also given two parameters that can be set; the maximum duration of the recording, and the maximum amount of detected user actions. This is to prevent long running of recordings as a result of an unefficent flow in the Mendix code.
- Read more about recordings in the How to? section!
- Because Recording is still in Beta, we have included a separate support form just for enthousiasts using this brand new feature.
We welcome your feedback!
- It is now possible to add a Teststep between existing Teststeps!
- Choose if you want to create the Teststep before, or after the selected Teststep.
- This is a much requested feature especially when you need to set your associations.
- When a Microflow input parameter is an Object, it is now possible to set the value to Empty.
- Microflow input parameters can now be added as an item in the Datavariation.
- A List of objects can now be filled with objects from the output of multiple Teststeps.
- The documentation site is enriched with much more content.
- Best practices added for Unit Tests and Process Tests.
- Added versioning for the Reference Guide.
- Explanatories added, linking to blogs on the Menditect website.
- "How to" section has been updated, especially to support usage of the MTA Plugin Module.
- Releasenotes have been moved from Google Docs.
- A form to send a support request can now be opened directly from MTA.
|New functionality||Asserts have been explanded with the option to compare using Greater-than or Smaller-than syntax.|
|New functionality||When recording a Test Case, MTA will prohibit users from applying a new revision on, or executing a Test Configuration, copying a Test Suite or Test Case and making changes in Teststeps in that Test Case.|
|New functionality||The Font Awesome icon library has been updated to version 6.|
|New functionality||The instruction text when copying a Test Suite or Test Case is now more user friendly.|
|New functionality||Calculated attributes are now excluded from Retrieve Object Teststeps.|
|Problem||When adding a String attribute with a size more than 200 characters to the Datavariation, an error would occur.|
|Solution||String attributes can now be added to the Datavariation regardless the amount of characters.|
|Problem||If all items in the Datavariation are deleted, an empty Datavariation would be the result, and the Test Suite would still be executed multiple times but with the same data.|
|Solution||If all items in the Datavariation are deleted, the Datavariation itself is now also deleted.|
|Problem||If an error needs to be fixed in the Datavariation page, the Solve button would still lead to the Configuration page.|
|Solution||If an error needs to be fixed in the Datavariation page, the Solve button will now lead to the Datavariation page.|
|Problem||When adding an assert after cancelling in the same page, further user input would be ignored.|
|Solution||Adding an assert after first cancelling now works as expected.|
|Problem||When selecting a Teststep, sometimes the selection of the Test Case was lost.|
|Solution||When selecting a Teststep, the Test Case is also re-selected.|
Hot fixes in this release
|Problem||Recorded microflow without return value was selected as microflow for input parameter.|
|Solution||Correct recorded microflow is now selected when selecting microflow for input parameter.|
|Problem||Recorded retrieve actions incorrectly count towards number of recorded actions.|
|Solution||Recorded retrieve actions are no longer included when counting amount of recorded actions.|
|Problem||Sometimes recorded attributes from different objects were mixed.|
|Solution||Attributes from different objects are no longer mixed.|
|Problem||When deleting a test application from a test configuration, the results were not deleted making it difficult to delete a test application.|
|Solution||When deleting a test application from a test configuration, the results are now also deleted.|
|Problem||When executing a test configuration, Plugin Users from all associated Test Applications needed to be valid.|
|Solution||When executing a test configuration, only Plugin Users that are actually used in Test Cases are checked if they are valid.|