This document is based on MTA version 1.8.
A Test Suite is an executable part of a Test Configuration and consists of a collection of Test Cases that are intended to be used to test a software program to show that it has some specified set of behaviours.
The Test Suite is the second level of the 4-layer framework that is used in MTA. It allows for a Test Configurations to be split up into different functional or technical aspects of the tested software, but it is also the level where Data Variation is defined.
|Name||The name of the Test Suite.|
|Description||The description of the Test Suite.|
|Status||Can be either Changing or Ready. If Changing, this means MTA is updating the Test Suite because the user applied a new revision. If Ready, this means the Test Suite can be configured.|
- The name is mandatory.
Actions on Test Suite
Create a new Test Suite
- Navigate to the Test design page in MTA and select the Test Configuration that you want to create the Test Suite in.
- Click "+ Test Suite" to create a new Test Suite.
- Enter a name and an optional description and choose "Save".
Configure a Test Suite
- Navigate to the Test design page in MTA and select the Test Configuration where you want to configure a Test Suite.
- Select Configure on the Test Suite you want to configure.
Change the order of a Test Suite in a Test Configuration
- Navigate to the Test Configuration that the Test Suite is in.
- Click on or on the left of the title of the Test Suite to move it up or down.
Execute a Test Suite
- Open a Test Suite.
- Click on "Execute and to to Test Run overview".
- Click "Proceed on the confirmation window".
Copy a Test Suite
- Navigate to the Test design page in MTA and select the Test Configuration where you want to copy a Test Suite.
- Click on the Test Suite you want to copy.
- Click Select and proceed to copy the Test Suite in the same Test Configuration, or expand the list of other Test Configuration and select one there.
- Give the copy a name and choose "Save".
Delete a Test Suite
- Navigate to the Test design page in MTA and select the Test Configuration where you want to delete a Test Suite.
- Click on the Test Suite you want to delete.
Note that deleting a Test Suite is permanent. Individual Test Suites cannot be recovered.
Missing anything? Let us know!
Last updated 20 september 2022