Import MTA Plugin
Download the MTA plugin module from Github:
- download the 7-xx.xxx file for Mendix 7;
- download the 8-xx.xxx file for Mendix 8;
- download the 9-xx.xxx file for Mendix 9;
- make sure to download the right release. The MTA version supported by the release is listed in the description on Github, as well as in MTA.
Import the MTA plugin module package in your test application as a new module. If you have imported it before, make sure to replace the module and not delete it first. Deleting it first may result in errors. After importing, make sure to delete any old JAR files like mta-plugin-xxx.jar from the userlib subfolder in your project directory.You can create Module content containing the MTA Plugin in your Company marketplace (https://marketplace.mendix.com/link/mymarketplace), so you import the MTA Plugin module from the appstore. We are currently working on publishing it to the public Mendix marketplace.
Upgrading a Mendix App to a newer runtime version
To upgrade the major version of your Mendix App, you need to make sure to replace all the files related to the MTA Plugin Module. Delete the complete module from the project and delete the JAR files from the userlib subfolder in your project directory. Then, download the respective MTA plugin module from Github that matches the newer Mendix version as listed above. You can do all this before performing the upgrade.
First time configuration
Create a user role 'MTAPluginUser' and make sure not to select any modules in this step.
Select the following roles for user role 'MTAPluginUser':
- 'MTAPluginUser' from MTAPlugin module
- 'User' from System module
- 'User' from Administration module
Go to navigation and create a role-based home page for MTAPluginUser for the primary navigation layout (usually 'Responsive'):
- Select Edit. Mendix shows page 'Role-based home pages'
- Select New. Mendix shows page 'Select user role'
- Select user role 'MTAPluginUser'
- Select target and select page HomepageMTAPluginModule
Start the test application and login with a user role that has Create rights on Account (like an Administrator). Create a local user (not a web service user) with the role 'MTAPluginUser'. Give the user a name and note it for later.
Missing anything? Let us know!
Last updated 21 april 2022